1. Apply to ACA
ACA accepts student applications year-round. Admission to ACA is based on the applicant's record of achievement, including grades, standardized test scores, and admissions testing. You must submit your application online with a non-refundable $250.00 application fee.
Please click the link below to apply online (*be sure to select the correct school year):
Instructions for filling out the online form:
- You will be instructed to create an account. Your user name will be your email address and passwords should be at least 6 characters and contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. Parents that already have a child attending ACA will already have an account. Please use your PlusPortals login and password.
- Information marked with a red asterisk is mandatory.
- Students and parents MUST have different email addresses. The mother is the primary contact in our system and you must enter an email address for this contact. The same email address CANNOT be used by the father and the mother. If there is no email address for a contact, please enter this: email@example.com.
- In the Documents section of the online form, you can scan in your documentation (see #3 below) and upload them. Please make sure files are in PDF format.
- In the Pay and Submit section, if you are paying by check instead of online, please check the box "Pay by Mail" and then click SUBMIT.
2. Admissions Evaluation
After the student’s application is received, ACA will call to schedule a 30-45 minute evaluation for your student. The evaluation is given to students entering grades K5-12. These evaluations are typically scheduled in April and May prior to the new school year. The student will meet with an Admissions team for the evaluation.
3. Academic History, Health Form & Documentation
The following items are required on the day of the evaluation:
∙ Most recent Progress Reports/Transcripts
∙ Most recent Standardized Test Scores
∙ Birth Certificate
∙ Certificate of Immunization
∙ Florida School Health Entry Form
4. Notify Applicant's Parents
The parents will be notified of the admissions decision as soon as possible after all academic records have been received and reviewed. Once accepted, the first billing statement of the new school year would be mailed July 1st.
Please contact Richard Finlayson, Principal at 850-997-3597 if you have any questions or if you would like to arrange for a tour or a Shadow Day for your student.